Resident evil 3.5 alternative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a different way

2 posters

Go down

a different way Empty a different way

Post  Thorup 87 Wed Sep 14, 2011 6:24 am

I've just thought for a while now if it was possible to create the game in a different way.
If its possible to create the game like the classic games with a pre renderede backgrounds. I thought that if it was possible to create a invisible level design. then have the image of the backgrounds on different layers so that if the player walks infront of a desk or lamp or anything so that that layer will be infront of the character. I dont know if its possible. And im not trying to ask you guys to change development. But i just thought that it perhaps would be easier, if possible. Because one person wouldn,t have to think about doing one mesh at a time. but can create a whole room in 3d and match it with the 3d enviorment. then there could be a layer with light effects that could either flicker or blink like lightning. But i dont know if its possible. But i think it could be cool if it was possible. Well, you can think about it:-)
Thorup 87
Thorup 87

Back to top Go down

a different way Empty Re: a different way

Post  plasmid Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Thorup 87 wrote:I've just thought for a while now if it was possible to create the game in a different way.
If its possible to create the game like the classic games with a pre renderede backgrounds. I thought that if it was possible to create a invisible level design. then have the image of the backgrounds on different layers so that if the player walks infront of a desk or lamp or anything so that that layer will be infront of the character. I dont know if its possible. And im not trying to ask you guys to change development. But i just thought that it perhaps would be easier, if possible. Because one person wouldn,t have to think about doing one mesh at a time. but can create a whole room in 3d and match it with the 3d enviorment. then there could be a layer with light effects that could either flicker or blink like lightning. But i dont know if its possible. But i think it could be cool if it was possible. Well, you can think about it:-)
I thought about this to, but we would still have to create the backgrounds and the biggest problem is the lighting, its hard to get the level to cast the same lighting on the character and can sometimes make them look out of place, RE remake did a really good job with it, but at certain points jill would look like shes part of something else or stand out.
plasmid
plasmid
Admin

https://residentevil3-5.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Thorup 87 Thu Sep 15, 2011 2:54 pm

hmmm yeah the lightning would be a problem. Unless the invisible level design somehow could block the ingame lightning. Taking the dinning room in re1 remake as an example. if we know theres gonna be a table in the room. Pehaps some candles on the wall or table (cant really remember if there are any in-room light sources, dosn't matter, just imagin there is) then we would know that they cast light. also flashing light from lightning outside window. So we create a simple room in unreal engine. just to indicate where the player can go and not. and also block the lightning. so that when ever a lightning flashes the room. an unreal engine light will hit the player. and a layer showing light will be activated showing a rendered light effect looking much better then the engine can create. Only problem would be the shadow cast by the ingame player/creature model. But this is all theoreticly. also im not very familiar with the latest engine (used to create levels for unreal tournament, ut 2003 and 2004). Anyways, im only saying this so that those who are compatible might think of other possibilities Smile
Thorup 87
Thorup 87

Back to top Go down

Post  plasmid Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Thorup 87 wrote:hmmm yeah the lightning would be a problem. Unless the invisible level design somehow could block the ingame lightning. Taking the dinning room in re1 remake as an example. if we know theres gonna be a table in the room. Pehaps some candles on the wall or table (cant really remember if there are any in-room light sources, dosn't matter, just imagin there is) then we would know that they cast light. also flashing light from lightning outside window. So we create a simple room in unreal engine. just to indicate where the player can go and not. and also block the lightning. so that when ever a lightning flashes the room. an unreal engine light will hit the player. and a layer showing light will be activated showing a rendered light effect looking much better then the engine can create. Only problem would be the shadow cast by the ingame player/creature model. But this is all theoreticly. also im not very familiar with the latest engine (used to create levels for unreal tournament, ut 2003 and 2004). Anyways, im only saying this so that those who are compatible might think of other possibilities Smile
its a interesting idea, im not sure how we could accomplish it though, lighting in udk now is close or better then crysis lighting though, the other thing is to get a image in the background animated it would need to be a flash file as its all udk accepts, the rest is a lot of kismet and unreal script.
plasmid
plasmid
Admin

https://residentevil3-5.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum