Resident evil 3.5 alternative
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Abertay University Prototype Fund

3 posters

Go down

Abertay University Prototype Fund Empty Abertay University Prototype Fund

Post  Benzie Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:52 am

I've been looking at this for a while. The Abertay university prototype fund is basically a grant for £25,000 for a fledgling company to bring a prototype to market. Whether it be film, advertisement or game. I sent them an email the other day asking; if I wanted to make a game could I use the UDK? It would only cost $99 for a commercial license. To which they replied:

'Hi Kevin,

Yes, you could use the UDK. Publishing would be up to you, as part of your application you would have to briefly set out how you plan to create the full product after you've built your prototype, and what your route to market was.

Grant repayment varies by project, you can pitch in with what you think would work for you without hampering your commercial chances. Usually people pitch in with a royalty share that kicks in after they've made a certain amount of money, capped at some value that gives a reasonable return but doesn't mean we're taking money back forever. They often include an option to just pay it back as a lump sum too, to cover cases where they might want to sell the idea/company, or get a publishing deal with an advance.

Best regards,

The Prototype Fund Team.'

Teams are given the world renowned studios at Abertay in which to work. I believe members can work remotely also. As part of this initiative part of the team would be made up of graduates. Helping fill any gaps in the team and giving them valuable experience working on this sort of project. I still have much to read into about it but it is very interesting to me. I think this is a fantastic opportunity. I believe there is enough talent on both the mod teams I am a part of. The next application intake is October.

Please have a quick scan through the prototype fund page: http://prototypefund.abertay.ac.uk
Benzie
Benzie

Back to top Go down

Abertay University Prototype Fund Empty Re: Abertay University Prototype Fund

Post  plasmid Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 am

would someones game using udk be aloud if it still used a franchise belonging to company?
plasmid
plasmid
Admin

https://residentevil3-5.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Benzie Tue Jul 26, 2011 12:00 pm

I'm not saying we should release RE3.5 as a commercial product. I'm talking something original. Our own intellectual property. Capcom would totally sue us if we tried to release a commercial project bearing the name RE.
Benzie
Benzie

Back to top Go down

Post  CJay Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:09 pm

hell if it were up to me i would just focus on RE 3.5 normally. but an idea of an online multiplayer would be pretty beneficial one day..
CJay
CJay

Back to top Go down

Post  plasmid Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:19 pm

Benzie wrote:I'm not saying we should release RE3.5 as a commercial product. I'm talking something original. Our own intellectual property. Capcom would totally sue us if we tried to release a commercial project bearing the name RE.
I had a Idea for a original game for in the future after we are done with this project, but re3.5 might be another 2-3 years in development.
plasmid
plasmid
Admin

https://residentevil3-5.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Benzie Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:14 am

Well I can see this prototype fund going on for a good while. It's just getting started it seems.
I just don't want to miss the boat like I did with the 'Make Something Unreal Contest'
There are some great opportunities out there. We should keep our eyes peeled.

We could even just go it alone and make one with UDK and license for $99. Smile
Benzie
Benzie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum